Antoine Griezmann says no to Barcelona Fc

Antoine Griezmann has finally announced his club future that he will stay at Atletico Madrid, instead of join Barcelona fc.

The French forward, who scored 29 times for the Europa League winners last season including two in their 3-0 final win over Marseille, had been the subject of a €100 million offer from Barcelona.

But in a programme called ‘The Decision’, aired on Spanish TV and echoing LeBron James’ infamous 2010 conclusion to leave NBA’s Cleveland Cavaliers for Miami Heat, Griezmann declared that he will remain at the Wanda Metropolitano.

“I want to tell everyone I want to stay. I have decided to stay,” said the 27-year-old at the close of the programme.

He immediately posted a tweet offering further confirmation as reported by All football.

The 27-year-old, who has spent four years with Atleti scoring 112 goals for the club, will lead France’s World Cup charge in Russia this summer.

Les Bleus get their tournament underway against Australia on Saturday morning.

Ntakirutimana Deus

0Shares

Leave a Reply